Welcome to Duckburg, USA. Heres your chance to meet Launchpad McQuack,
Scrooge McDuck, Chip n Dale, King Louie, Gadget, and the Gummi Bears.
Heres the attraction that celebrates Disneys successful entry into
afternoon syndicated television.
- Have your map/passport of Disney Afternoon Avenue stamped at places
such as Scrooges vault and Duckburg City Hall.
- Visit Baloo, the star of TaleSpin (and The Jungle Book) in his
own dressing room.
- Take the Motor Boat Cruise to Gummi
Glen to learn how Gummi Berry juice is made.
- Take a spin on the Rescue Rangers Raceway (Fantasyland Autopia).
- Enjoy themed refreshments, such as frozen Gummi Berry Juice bars.
Disney Afternoon Avenue opened and closed in Disneyland in 1991 (although a
few of its features survived to 1992).
This temporary “land” occupied the walkway
from the Storybook Land Canal Boats to Videopolis (the current Fantasyland Theatre).
The area under the train tracks that was Baloos dressing room is now
the underpass to Mickeys Toontown.
© 1996-2008 Werner Weiss — Disclaimers, Copyright, and Trademarks
Updated October 13, 2008.
Photograph of Disney Afternoon Avenue: Chris Bales.
Photograph of a Beagle Boy at Disney Afternoon Avenue: Werner Weiss, 1991