Questions and Answers
Please feel free to send your comments and questions to me.
Curator of Yesterland
- Why did you create the “Yesterland” Web pages?
- It began as my tribute to the 40th anniversary of Disneyland park in 1995.
Ive visited Disneyland regularly since 1957two years after it
openedso Ive seen many changes.
Disneyland is better now than it ever was, but I fondly remember many elements
of Disneyland that are no longer around.
- Why are the “20,000 Leagues Under the Sea” walk-through and the
Tomorrowland Flight Circle missing from Yesterland?
- Unfortunately, I dont have any photos of those attractions.
When I took pictures at Disneyland in 1966 and 1974, I didnt know I would be
doing the Yesterland project in 1995 and beyond.
People have been kind enough to send me some pictures that have allowed me to
- I have some Disneyland books with pictures that would
be great for Yesterland. Would you like me to scan them and e-mail
them to you?
- Thanks for the offer, but I have to decline.
Those are copyrighted pictures that I cant use without the permission
of the copyright holder.
- I found some old Disneyland photos that I took in the
late sixties. Do you want them?
There are plenty of features that Id like to add to Yesterland, but
that I cant because I dont have photos.
For example, Id like to add the Flights of Fantasy parade, the Hall of Minerals,
Videopolis when it was a dancing spot, the guy with the rocket-pack
on his back, and mermaids in the Submarine Lagoon.
Let me know what you have.
Be aware that I dont pay for images.
- How do you get your old photos into JPEG files?
- It depends. I took my 35mm color slides to the camera store
and had the images transferred to Kodak Photo-CDs.
Some images are scanned from prints.
Many of the newer images are from digital cameras.
I then use software on my Mac to resize, edit, and convert the images as needed.
- Are there any other discontinued Disneyland attractions?
- Many. Among others, Disneyland once had the Phantom Boats, the Viewliner,
Space Station X-1, the Hall of Aluminum Fame, andbelieve it or notthe
Bathroom of Tomorrow.
- Are you going to include the Swan Boats, the Mickey Mouse
Revue, and the Kitchen Kabaret?
- Those attractions were at Walt Disney World. Im
slowly adding some “Yester World” content. Maybe, some day, Ill add some Yesters Berry Farm or Six Flags Over Yesterday content.
- Did you ever work for Disneyland?
I never worked for Disneyland or any other part of The Walt Disney
- I found an invalid link on Yesterlands Disney Park
History Links page.
Please let me know whenever you find an invalid link.
Its amazing how fast URLs change, sites close, and new sites pop up.
- May I add a link from my Web page to Yesterland?
Also, feel to link to
Disney Park History Links.
If you want to use graphics or banners as part of the link, please see
Link to Yesterland.
© 1995-2008 Werner Weiss — Disclaimers, Copyright, and Trademarks
Updated February 1, 2008.